Go to content


On this page you can find answers to common questions that comes to SHK.

Where can I find statistics for civil aviation accidents and incidents?

Contact the Swedish Transport Agency (Transportstyrelsen).

Where can I find statistics on road traffic accidents and incidents?

Contact the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI) External link, opens in new window. or the Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket) External link, opens in new window.. Information is also available at Transguide External link, opens in new window..

Does SHK investigate private car accidents and motorcycle accidents?

As a general rule, SHK investigates road traffic occurrences only when commercial or public transport vehicles are involved.

Why are there so few reports concerning gliders on SHK’s website?

SHK used to be able to delegate glider accident investigations to the a non-governmental national glider association. Those reports can be found at Airsport Sweden External link..

Where can I find the MV ESTONIA Report from 1997?

Look at the SHK web site under Civil Maritime Transport.

How long does it take for SHK to complete an investigation?

According to statutory rules SHK is required to complete an investigation, if possible, within 12 months from the day of the occurrence. That is, however, not always possible.

How do you translate "Statens haverikommission" into other languages?

Swedish Accident Investigation Authority (English), Schwedische Ständige Untersuchungskommission für Grossunfälle (German), Commission suédoise d'enquête sur les accidents (French), Comisión Sueca de Investigación de Accidentes (Spanish), Ruotsin onnettomuuksientutkintatoimikunta (Finnish), Шведская государственная комиссия по расследованию аварийных ситуаций (Russian).

Page information

Last updated:
29 May 2024